Welcome! Thanks for visiting!
Summer Office Hours
Monday to Thursday 9am-12pm
Closed Fridays, Weekends and Statutory Holidays
PLEASE stay at home if you have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Sunday 10am & 12noon
Tuesday thru Friday 9am
First Saturday of the Month 9am
SignVisit www.catholicyyc.ca for important messages and for live-streamed Mass Schedules from the RC Diocese of Calgary; or watch televised Masses on Salt + Light TV, Vision TV, or EWTN
Stay Informed. Read the Parish Bulletin HERE
Updated COVID-19 guidelines | Step 2 HERE
UKRAINE – Message to the Pastor – Can you help?
Hello Father Eli,
There is a huge shortage of hosts for newly-arriving Ukrainian families in Calgary. There is also a huge shortage of affordable rental properties in Calgary. Landlords do not tend to take Ukrainians (or newcomers in general) because of the lack of “credit” or employment history in Canada.
Hosts do not get compensated for helping the Ukrainians. However, I’m currently hosting two families and have found it to be very rewarding. Can we please help our St. Vladimir’s colleagues? People can sign up to become a host by visiting:
I would like to thank St. James for ongoing food hampers for my Ukrainian guests.
A Penitential Pilgrimage | July 29
Canada’s Catholic Bishops are thankful for the Historic Visit from Pope Francis. Official Statement
Pope Francis’ address to a delegation of Indigenous Peoples in Quebec. Read Full Address
Meeting with young people and elders in the primary school square, Iqaluit. Read Full Address
Mass for Reconciliation at the National Shrine of Saint Anne de Beaupré, Quebec. Read Full Homily
- Shine like stars, work together like a hockey team, Pope tells youth in Iqaluit (The Catholic Register)
- Oblates in Canada building a new relationship with indigenous peoples (Vatican News)
- The meanings and symbolisms behind the Papal Visit liturgy with Fr. Cristino Bouvette (S+L Media)
- Volunteers at the Plains of Abraham(S+L Media)
- Artist Timothy Schmalz shares about creating the statue of Mary Undoer of Knots for the Papal Visit (S+L Media)
- Alison and Jonathan, two Indigenous dancers ready to heal, one step at a time. (S+L Media)
“We must begin with ourselves: pastors, who should not feel themselves superior to our brothers and sisters in the People of God; consecrated persons, who should live fraternally with the freedom of obedience in life in community; seminarians, who should prepare themselves to become docile and available servants; and pastoral workers, who should not understand service as power. This is where we must start.” ~Pope Francis, Vespers, July 28, 2022.
We acknowledge that Treaty 7 territory, on which we stand, is the ancestral land of the Indigenous Peoples and is common home to everyone in virtue of God our Creator’s gracious gift. Learn more about Residential Schools and our ongoing work in healing and reconciliation in the Diocese of Calgary.
Faithfully – Custodians of Beauty
Highlights from the latest Faithfully, July 11, 2022:
- Custodians of Beauty: Featuring a short film produced by SAGA & Annie Chirka on Fr. Gilles LeBlanc, and his passion and love for Sacred Art.
- Prayers & devotion to St. Benedict
- Faithful Living tips on praying with Sacred Art
- World Day of Grandparents & the Elderly
- New interviews with Fr. Cristino
- Read Faithfully now
World Day of Grandparents and the Elderly
Let us minister together to ensure no one lives in isolation and loneliness. On Sunday, July 24, we invite you to take a step forward in co-creating compassionate communities that see relationship and accompaniment with the elderly and grandparents as a normal part of family, neighbourhood, parish, and communal life.
Share your visit and get a gift
This World Day for Grandparents and the Elderly 2022, we invite parishioners and families to participate in the following activity:
- Make plans to visit grandparent(s) and/or elderly individual(s) in your family, neighbourhood, or parish community on, or around July 24. You may consider taking with you some pastry, coffee, and/or flowers, and/or a handmade card with your child(ren). Ultimately, it’s about the gift of time and presence.
- Share a picture from your visit with the Diocese and receive a gift! Submit your photo (with caption) by emailing it to email@example.com or use this Diocesan form, and receive a beautiful gift for your grandparent(s) or the elderly you visit!
- Each family/person who submitted a photo and/or caption will receive a printed icon of Sts. Joachim and Anna to take back to the individual(s) they visited.
Employment opportunities in parishes and Catholic organizations throughout the Diocese.
Please visit catholicyyc.ca/careers for more information and application details.
Resources & Announcements
- Mom tries 12 Hugs A Day challenge with her kids … and reports back
“We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth.” ~ Virginia Satir. That might seem excessive — especially if you don’t tend to be very affectionate by nature. Erin, the mom in this video, explains how she made it work (or didn’t!) with her five children, and what she learned from it as a parent.
- Aleteia’s guide to having the best summer ever
As the temperatures rise, here’s a little help to make this summer as bright and rewarding as can be, courtesy of Aleteia. Read more
- July-August 2022 Calendar Highlights
- Throughout month of July | Catechesis of the Good Shepherd summer camps
- NEW! July 19 – Grandparents’ Faith Cafe
The Catholic Grandparents Association is hosting a free online webinar with guest speaker and patron of CGA, Archbishop Francis Duffy. The theme of his talk is World Day for Grandparents and the Elderly 2022. Register here
- July 20-30 | Captivenia – Medieval adventure camp for girls ages 9-17
- July 24 | World Day of Grandparents and the Elderly
- July 24-29 | Papal Visit in Canada
- July 29 | Triumph Retreat – Live-in program of inner healing & transformation
- Aug 1-13 | Archateos – Adventure camp for boys ages 7-17
- Aug 12-14 | Holy Ground – Women’s Retreat at Mount St. Francis, Cochrane
- Aug 16-18 | Soul Care – Women’s Retreat at Mount St. Francis, Cochrane
- Aug 22 | Mary: A Bibilical Walk – Zoom bible study with Fr. Julian Studden
- NEW! Aug 25 | St. Mary’s Golf Tournament at Silvertip Resort, Canmore | The St. Mary’s University Golf Tournament is back and we hope you can join them this year for a day of great golf, and community. All proceeds from the event will directly benefit St. Mary’s University scholarships and bursary programs.
- July Saints
There are many well known saints whose feast days are celebrated in July. Below is just a few of them and if you click on the names you can find out more about these saints.
|Subscribe to our mailing list|
We respect your privacy. You will only receive emails from us periodically, and we will not share your information.
You can unsubscribe anytime.