Welcome! Thank you for visiting!
Monday to Thursday 9am-3pm (Closed 12:00-12:30pm)
Closed Fridays, Weekends and Statutory Holidays
PLEASE stay at home if you have cold or flu-like symptoms.
CHRISTMAS HAMPERS – If you or someone you know is in need of a Christmas Hamper
this year, please contact the parish Food Bank. Deadline to request a hamper is December 6th.
Recipients must reside within our parish boundaries.
Sunday 10am & 12noon
Tuesday thru Friday 9am
First Saturday of the Month 9am
SignVisit www.catholicyyc.ca for important messages and for live-streamed Mass Schedules from the RC Diocese of Calgary; or watch televised Masses on Salt + Light TV, Vision TV, or EWTN
Stay Informed. Read the Parish Bulletin HERE
Updated COVID-19 guidelines | Step 2 HERE
I am Blessed 2022
The 2022 I am Blessed campaign will be live on our website on Sunday, Nov. 27 and will conclude on Jan. 8, at the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord.
I am Blessed action items this year:
- Pray now – Supporting others with prayer by praying in solidarity with them; ideas on what prayers to pray and what to do if others ask to pray for them.
- Act now – Offering tips on how to be a good friend especially to those who are in need; getting familiar with services available in our midst as we may need to lead others to seek help.
- Give now – Providing financial assistance online to programs and intiatives that empower others.
Together in Action 2022 – Deadline December 31, 2022
he made us, we belong to him,
we are his people, the flock he shepherds.
Pope’s Intention for November 2022
Let us pray for children who are suffering, especially for those who are homeless, orphans, and victims of war. May they be guaranteed access to education and may they have the opportunity to experience family affection.
Printable Advent Calendar 2022
May this beautiful Advent Calendar help families all across our Diocese to journey towards the great feast of the Nativity of Our Lord!
Feast of St. Nicholas – Dec. 6
Children tell lots of fun stories about Santa Claus, Pere Noel, or Kriss Kringle. All of these stories remind us of how much we’re loved and of how happy we are when we give. The earliest stories we know were told about St. Nicholas, the bishop of Myra. St. Nicholas was so grateful for the life God had given him that he just couldn’t stop giving joy and hope to others—no matter how far he had to travel or how many roofs he had to climb. (Source: Loyola Press)
- Learn about St. Nicholas (Loyola Press)
- 5 things you (probably) did not know about Santa (Aleteia)
- How St. Nick teaches us that saints belong to everybody, everywhere (Aleteia)
- Celebrate St. Nicholas with these fun tradition (Catholic Digest)
- St. Nicholas Day activities, gifts & crafts guide (Catholic Icing)
- Novena to St. Nicholas (Ascension Press)
- An Advent message from our Bishop on the Feast of St. Nicholas
- EVENT: An Evening with St. Nicholas at Mount St. Francis
Christmas in Elizabeth House
Let us bring a joyful Christmas to the residents of Elizabeth House and help them fulfil their wish list! This year Elizabeth House has 7 moms, 5 babies (under 16 months), 2 more babies to arrive this month, and 4 children (ages 14,13, 7 and 5) living elsewhere. We welcome donations for these wish lists:
Bishop McGrattan reports from Rome
- Read the Bishop’s pastoral message and learn what’s on the agenda for this annual presidency visit.
Winter gifts to share with Feed the Hungry
We invite you to donate new mittens/gloves, socks, toques, or $10 gift cards (from fast food places) to share with Feed the Hungry’s guests closer to Christmas. Kindly deliver items or gift cards to the Catholic Pastoral Centre Reception (120 17 Ave SW, Calgary before Dec. 1. Reception is open during business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm). If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com
Career Opportunity – Executive Director
Other career opportunities are also available on our website:
- Assistant Coordinator (Part-time) – Feed the Hungry, Calgary
- Cook (Part-time) – St. Mary’s Cathedral, Calgary
- Associate Director – FCJ Centre, Calgary
For more information and application details, visit catholicyyc.ca/careers
|Resources & Announcements
Pray for the Church open to everyone – Watch the Pope’s Video for October 2022
Vatican unveils “The Letter” documentary – Watch documentary “The Letter” on Youtube Originals here
Canada’s Catholic Bishops are thankful for the Historic Visit from Pope Francis. Official Statement
Pope Francis’ address to a delegation of Indigenous Peoples in Quebec. Read Full Address
Meeting with young people and elders in the primary school square, Iqaluit. Read Full Address
Mass for Reconciliation at the National Shrine of Saint Anne de Beaupré, Quebec. Read Full Homily
- Shine like stars, work together like a hockey team, Pope tells youth in Iqaluit (The Catholic Register)
- Oblates in Canada building a new relationship with indigenous peoples (Vatican News)
- The meanings and symbolisms behind the Papal Visit liturgy with Fr. Cristino Bouvette (S+L Media)
- Volunteers at the Plains of Abraham(S+L Media)
- Artist Timothy Schmalz shares about creating the statue of Mary Undoer of Knots for the Papal Visit (S+L Media)
- Alison and Jonathan, two Indigenous dancers ready to heal, one step at a time. (S+L Media)
|“We must begin with ourselves: pastors, who should not feel themselves superior to our brothers and sisters in the People of God; consecrated persons, who should live fraternally with the freedom of obedience in life in community; seminarians, who should prepare themselves to become docile and available servants; and pastoral workers, who should not understand service as power. This is where we must start.” ~Pope Francis, Vespers, July 28, 2022.
We acknowledge that Treaty 7 territory, on which we stand, is the ancestral land of the Indigenous Peoples and is common home to everyone in virtue of God our Creator’s gracious gift. Learn more about Residential Schools and our ongoing work in healing and reconciliation in the Diocese of Calgary.
|Subscribe to our mailing list|
We respect your privacy. You will only receive emails from us periodically, and we will not share your information.
You can unsubscribe anytime.